Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Just an Old-fashioned Love Song

Folks, there is a possibility that we may have a guest post here in a few days, courtesy of one of our long-time readers who was trapped by the polar vortex in NYC and thus got to go to Madison Square Garden this past weekend for the PBR event. If that happy event does come to fruition, you will of course be the first to know.

In the meantime, though, I present a very short list of the bulls who won my heart at MSG. Because as you all know, I'm all about the bulls. And that's why the name of the rider is in parentheses!

Buck Dynasty (Stormy Wing)
Razorbuck (Kody Lostroh)
Candy (Reese Cates)
Boot Daddy (Ben Jones)
Devil of Ramadi' (Jordan Hupp)--although I really can't approve of the bull's name.
RFD HD (Brant Atwood)
Percolator (Emilo Resende)--sorry, Shawk! I know that one broke your heart.
High Steaks (Marco Eguchi)

But my absolute favorite was Ballistic, who unloaded L. J. Jenkins in the third round with a most original bucking style. And it doesn't hurt that he's a beauty. I'm such a sucker for a platinum blonde!

1 comment:

Stockyard Queen said...

Folks, Shannon is having trouble posting a comment, so I am stepping in to assist. Here's what she had to say.

Ballistic certainly had an odd bucking style. There was a light gasp in the crowd when it happened. Other than that, I was too busy talking my friend through her first PBR event to pay close attention to the names. I even missed Jory Markiss and Shane Procter altogether. Oops.

As for a guest blog, it's looking less likely, because we endured a second cancellation on Tuesday and now can't get a flight out until Sunday! So, the kids and I rented a car and drove back to Vermont to stay with my family for three more days. Because of the frustration and exhaustion and craziness, I may not have enough of a memory to write anything up. I'll try, though. Maybe Kris can do something?