Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sometimes I Feel Homeless

Friends, the divine Shannon has yet again saved our bacon by alerting us that the U.S. Border Patrol Invitational will be televised on September 13 on Versus, and then will move to Fox on September 14. Presently the Pueblo Shootout is scheduled to air on the 14th as well on ESPN2. If it weren't for Shannon, I would probably end up wandering in the wilderness over on Versus for hours, forlornly looking for my fix.

Last week's sad-sack situation on ESPN2 in particular has made me leery of posting any times--please check your local listings and pray that the gods will be relent and save us from rain delays or pinsetting delays or whatever lame excuse the folks at that network could possibly come up with for showing NASCAR instead of the Shootout, or BOWLING instead of X-Treme Bulls. I was so desperate last weekend, I would even have watched that, especially since it was the July 4th event in Cody, Wyoming, my old stomping ground.

All I can say is, I hope we will finally get some relief from our misery and see some bulls buck. I find myself alternating between bouts of the DTs, and a weirdly fading interest, which I fear might become permanent if somebody doesn't get his/her act together and deliver the goods this weekend. Let's all stay tuned!

4 comments:

shannon said...

Don't let your interest fade, SQ! We all need to be there, watching with bated breath, as we witness Justin McBride collect his 5 millionth dollar! *g*

Actually, at this late point, I fear that the tv listings may not even show the shootout because it's being added in last minute. However, I double checked the PBR site and for now, it looks like Guthrie is at 3pm EST. I have half a mind to just tape the entire day.

Jay said...

To add insult to injury last weekend, the first 45 minutes of what shoulda been one hour of actual bullridin' was INTERVIEWS of Nascar dudes. Interviews! (Phhttt!) // It's a sad reality, I guess, that Nascar's millions of fans supercede the PBR's numbers (50,000?) when it comes to broadcasting. The same sad thing happened with the Grateful Dead, S.Q., which is why their fans finally had to start following them around to hear them. Maybe, instead of "Dead Heads," it's time for the "Bull Head" tribe to RISE! Instead of marijuana, we'll prefer biscuits and gravy. Instead of tie-died tee shirts, we'll sport large, silver belt buckles! If not now, when? If not us, who? // Or, you could do like me, and HOPE the single hour of the "Pueblo Shootout" will be broadcast, as scheduled, this Sunday...

Jean said...

Thank you Jay, I'm wiping the coffee off my monitor now.

While there WAS a time, nevermind how many decades ago, where I would not have preferred biscuits and gravy, I actually do now. Lord knows they're cheaper.

I've traded my "earth shoes" for cowboy boots and I do have a cowboy hat, but I actually use them for mini horse herding. The hat is particularly beaten up. I'd need a Resistol. I'll start saving up. Tie-dye was cheaper.

Wonder if I can find a giant belt buckle on eBay...

Stockyard Queen said...

You can get an awesome giant belt buckle at the Montana Silversmiths outlet store in Columbia, MT. They may even have a store online. The merch there is all seconds, but I can't tell what's wrong with mine. And before the PBR event in Billings, they sell everything half price!