Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To All Lurkers

I would like to take a moment to formally welcome all of you who have been checking out this blog recently. Through the magic of Google Analytics, I know when you've been here and I also know where you're calling in from. I invite you all to step out of the shadows and let the rest of us know you're here. You are welcome to comment on any post in the comments field, or you can just say hello on the zonkboard. I'm sure you have many interesting observations that the rest of us will find quite enlightening. Just be polite, please.

I'd also like to remind you all that my guest blog submission, "So Much In Common," is posted today on John Hewitt's blog about freelance writing. Check it out: http://www.poewar.com/

Let's see if we can send the man some traffic he might not otherwise get!

9 comments:

Jay said...

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -HELEN KELLER

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stockyard Queen said...

Welcome, Jay!

shannon said...

Welcome, jay!

I'd love to see this blog get more posters. It seems like the kind of place where we can have thoughtful debates mixed with some good humor.

I'll be reading your guest blog soon, SQ. Judging from your blogs here, I'm sure it's a good one.

Stockyard Queen said...

Aw, shucks. *blushes modestly* I do hope you'll like it, Shannon.

Anonymous said...

Darn! And here I was hoping my Cloak of Invisibility was working! Can't fool the internet I guess. I guess my only excuse for an excuse is that I tend to read when I'm on lunch break and don't have time to formulate a proper response. I'll try and remedy this. Your blogs *are* very good reading. Especially the blow by blow ones from the events. :D Love those.

Jean said...

lurk lurk. Lurk is a great word isn't it? Lurking in the dark, cool undergrowth of the internet, potential posters await the opportunity to pounce. Somewhere in 12 x 4 garden in Aridzona, a giant zucchini lurks amid the overgrown bermuda grass and mini-horse poop, ready to further exasperate the gardener.

You've inspired me to update my own blog SQ. I've also added a link to this one. Sheesh. Amazing how much more time I have to do stuff like that when I get up 2 hours earlier than necessary. I'm gonna be paying for this by noon.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll stop lurking. Just enjoy reading your blogs and usually don't have time to comment. I'll try to do better from now on.

Stockyard Queen said...

You're welcome to look around, and if you don't have time to comment, or just don't feel like it, that's fine. Just say hi once in a while, so we won't feel so lonely, please!